Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Day of Giraffe Training

Today was awesome! I don't start actually working with the giraffe until Thursday but today I got to go on exhibit with them and target train them! We use a pool bouy on a long stick. We hold it out, when the giraffe touches it with their nose, we click our clicker and they get a treat. I worked with Damani today. It was very neat :) At the end of the day we got to go up to the top of the giraffe exhibit and feed them hay and grass. It is cool because it gives us a chance to look down on them. They reach their longs necks up to you and take food from your hands :) I love my job. The rest of the day was pretty normal-lots of poop duty, wild dog training and lunch. Tomorrow is Friday! I'm starting my weekend early and going out for a few drinks with some friends from work.

Ciao.