Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gator Driving Lessons, Giraffe Feedings & Ostrich Eggs

Today was fun! I am so happy to say I love my job :) We had routine cleaning as always. When we cleaned the hog exhibit we threw small pieces of carrots all over. It was fun to watch them run around the grounds searching for the treats. We got done with cleaning early and were invited to help feed the giraffe browse and produce. Who would say no to that? We actually got to go into the exhibit, no barriers between us and them and feed them while the public was watching. It was awesome. That is what the picture is from that I posted today. What an awesome way to spend my morning. Panera Bread Co. delivered all of their extra bagels, loaves of bread, muffins, etc to us. We must have had over 300 bagels. I took 5 and a loaf of bread :)After lunch I had driving lessons for the Gator. It is basically a golf cart on steroids. Huge, dirty and can drive over anything. Piece of cake to drive. I spent the last hour of my day drilling holes in ostrich eggs and draining out the yoke. We use them for enrichment for the other animals. The cats love to play with them and for other animals we will put grasshoppers in the hole and they have to try to get them out. It's kind of like the kong toy for dogs that you would put PB in. It is a nasty, yucky process! Once the hole is drilled we blow air into it using some type of pressure pump and then it all blows out. Nasty! Tomorrow is my "Friday". I will have survived my first week! I'm very excited about flying to see the circus :)