Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Typical Male....Ostrich....
While cleaning the Africa exhibit today I had an epiphany. All men, whether human or ostrich are similar. This morning I watched for over 20 minutes as Big Bird went from me to Lady Bird. Me to lady bird. Me to lady bird. He couldn't decide who he wanted to be with and when we each ignored him he would just go to the next. It was like watching a desperate guy at a bar. Big bird would chase Lady Bird down, drop and do the dance and sing his mating song. Kind of sounds like "woo, woo, wooooooo"-very deep sound. Sounds neat. And his neck pouch thing puffs out all big. So anyways back to men being like ostriches....Lady bird would of course ignore him and walk away. He would get pissed, leaver her and run back to me. He would dance for me, sing to me and stand up and wait to see what I was going to do. I continued to shovel the poo and he would get upset and run and find lady bird. He went back and forth at least 3 times. It was very funny to watch :)
