Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Monday, September 1, 2008

African Wild Dog Training!

Today was a fantastic Friday! The morning started a little rough. A girl that I usually work with had to leave early so I was left to clean alone. I started in Africa and about crapped myself when I was raking up last nights hay and came across a dead, half eaten snake body. Ugh. I screamed and called my friend Gerry in carnivore to come get it out. Sick. Gerry and Lauren knew I was running behind so they helped me clean for the rest of the morning so I wouldn't be stuck until the afternoon. After lunch we went to African Wild Dog training. I usually just stand in the back and watch or open and close gates. Today- I got to feed! I didn't give any commands other then when Kitey would walk away. It was neat- I fed meat on a stick and fed through a fence. What awesome animals. Then- I got to go with the primate team and introduce the gibbons- Dixon and Singwah to a play cardboard house that they made. It was so darn cute. They were opening and closing the door, looking out the window and just chilling in the house. Closing was a big pain in the rear. To get the giraffe in they have to walk through a long chute. I ring a cow bell, open the gate and they walk through into the barn. They usually only take a few minutes, but today a black cat decided to visit. All 3 giraffe became obsessed with it. Of course the damn cat wouldn't leave. Oh well. They eventually lost interest and I finally made it home. I have the next 2 days off :) I'm going back to the humane society tomorrow :)

Video of Dixon and Singwah playing with their house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwrVx1dJB9Q