Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Back to Work
Back to work today. My alarm woke me at 5:15. I dressed, scrambled some eggs, had a cup of coffee, had a conversation with my beta fish and walked out the door at 6. Today was my first day opening alone. Things went fine. Big bird was excited to see me as usual. He must have danced for me about 10 times over the course of the morning. It makes me giggle out loud when I am driving the gator alongside the fence and he is running to keep up with me. What a dumb animal. I managed to get all the animals out on exhibit on time. There was lots of cleaning as usual. Just as I was about to sit down for lunch there was a call to hoofstock that a kid had dropped his sippy cup into the bongo/crane exhibit. I told him too bad, nothing we could do about it until morning. How people "drop" things into exhibits escapes me. The afternoon flew by. We walked around the zoo looking at all the animals and had a hog keeper talk. A guy came up to me and told me, "You must love your job." I said, yes of course. I really do love it! Yay :) Well, I'm going to watch some olympics tonight and probably hit the pillow early. Those 5 AM wake up calls sure get to you by the time the sun goes down.
