Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Another Week Gone By
This past week flew. I guess that happens when your job is all play :) Sunday 9/14 was the 5 month anniversary of losing my thumb. I did not celebrate it, haha. I worked in giraffe again this week- I am now officially a giraffe keeper! I have to get my name tag changed to say that. I did a lot more training with them- injection training (learning how to give them shots), neck blood draws, hoof trimming, more target training, learning how to go in the stall when they are still in there. Yesterday I learned how to use a fire extinguisher- we had a class and had to put out a small fire in front of everyone. I've also realized that my allerigies have exploded since I moved here. They are so bad that benedryl and claritan don't do anything. Only a few more weeks until I have insurance, then I am probably going to have to gte a shot fo some kind. I actually almost left work early yesterday because they were so bad. I am on my weekend again- not sure what I am going to do. Lucy is doing so well. She loves to play fetch and won't run away if I take her leash off to do so. She is still coughing some so I might bring her back to the vet to make sure it isn't anything serious. She is a total ball of love and I am so glad I have her to keep me company :)
