Thursday, September 25, 2008
Observing Giraffe Penis
Yes. You read it right. This morning, while Erin and I were cleaning the giraffe exhibit outside, Damani did something to his wee-wee and when we came back in the barn his sheath was covered and dripping with blood. Ouch. Because we are his keepers, we spent about an hour sitting, waiting and watching for him to extend his penis (because he is able to retract it and pull it back "inside" his body) to check for any damage. We couldn't see anything wrong with it, though we are still clueless as to what happened. I must say, staring at giraffe penis all morning is not a very fun thing to do. Quite gross actually. We let him out late onto exhibit and we made sure he was all cleaned up before doing so. We checked on him throughout the day and apparently it wasn't in any pain because he was trying to have sex with Pili all afternoon. Speaking of Pili- it is her 4th birthday today! She loves to get things and twirl them in her mouth so we filled her grain bucket with long stems of grass with fun tassles at the end of them. I'm sure she will enjoy them when she comes in tonight. Over the weekend I cut and colored my hair- and added some red to it- very spicy! Very different but I like it :) Well, not much else going on. I'm just waiting for the Grey's premiere to come on! YAY!
