Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Some people might not know that I am incredibly passionate about flea markets. I've learned to recognize unique ways to use vintage pieces such as salvaged windows and tossed out jars. My friends sometimes tease me at the stuff I find valuable. They wonder why in the world would I want such JUNK :) Most of the time I really don't know what I am going to do with what I happen to find at a flea market; I just know it HAS to come home with me. I have been told on multiple occasions that I have a gift with decorating. I usually laugh it off because I would never consider it that. I once had a friend come over to my house and he stood in the living room and said, "How do you do this?" Confused, I asked, "do what?" He said, "This!" And raised his arms- He then told me how I am the only person he knows who can turn total junk into amazing decor. How the beautifully chipped mirror in my living room is perfect but anyone else would have seen it and discarded it. How the weird piece of wrought iron I found under my deck looks like junk but turned into the most perfect flower vase holder. I've realized that my other passion is junk. When my body gives out and I can no longer be a giraffe keeper I will convince Justin to let me open my own store where I can find junk, re-finish it and sell it. Let's hope my body gives out soon ;)
