Thursday, July 31, 2008
Storms!
Wednesday started off as a dreadfully hot day. Thankfully I have been working the morning shift so I get a lot of the hard work done by the time it closes in on 100. We had normal cleaning in the morning up until lunch. After lunch I got to help with wild dog training. So cool! I had to help open and close the door to crates that we are trying to get the girs to willingly go into. This makes it easier for vaccinations and vet work. If they are trained to go in on their own will it reduces stress for the animal and it also completely eliminates tranquilizations. After training we were all hanging out just passing the time and a very strong storm came out of no where. In seconds it was downpouring with threats of hail and 50 mph wind. I have never seen people scatter so fast. We sprinted in the rain to each of our exhibits to let the animals in. The hogs were not impressed with the rain and were screaming as soon as they saw us. I swear these animals don't know how spoiled they are.
