Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I GOT A JOB!

Welcome to my new blog! I survived the crazy circus world and after too many interviews and tears, the Nashville Zoo has offered me a job as a zookeeper in the hoofstock department! I will be taking care of giraffe, zebra, eland, bongo, crane, ostrich and my favorite- red river HOGS! My interview was great--I got to play with full grown clouded leopards. I actually got to go in the cage w/ them-they were trying to tackle me and lick me! I also met the 3 African elephants they have. The elephant trainer at the zoo is good friends with Joe, our trainer at the circus. So he let me go into the enclosure with them. I shook hands/trunks and they tried to untie my shoes. What a great start. I just got back from TN last night and will start packing up my belongings. I still don't have a place to live- apartment searching was a pain in the butt. I'm so incredibly thrilled for new challenges, new people, new animals and a zoo setting.

Let the new journey begin...