Thursday, January 7, 2010
Life Lately
I realize I haven't updated this since long before the Colorado trip. I always seem to put off posting life updates mostly because I think that my life isn't interesting enough for anyone to want to read about it! So here I go! Colorado was FANTASTIC!!!! It was a much needed vacation from the hectic zoo world and Tennessee. The southern way of life always seems to annoy me immensely during the winter months. That is something I don't know how to explain. Something about the way people freak out if it gets to 20 degrees, shut down life if 1 inch of snow is predicted, I could go on so I will stop. Ok, back to Colorado...Justin got along great with my family. For the first time ever my dad commented on a guy I have dated. He approved along with the comments to my mom that he can see that we have a lot of fun together and he treats me great. Justin and I only skiied one day at Keystone- that was enough for us and our bodies. He had never skiied before so that was a learning day for him. He did very well after the first time down the mountain. It was a relaxing vacation with lots of games, shopping and beer. I was very sad to come back to Nashville :( I hate being so far from home but I keep reminding myself that it is better to do it now while I'm still young. I can't believe it is January. We had 1 inch of snow today and in preparation for that, schools all over tennessee shut down today AND TOMORROW. What a joke. Kids are babied here. People also raided the grocery store in prep for this big winter storm. the dogs love the snow- or what is left of it anyways. I took them out back today to run around and play ball. The conference is sneaking up on me- only a few more weeks until the big presentation. Time to get started on that! The giraffe are doing well. We have been working with the girls on hand feeding them and they are doing fantastic.Once I load Colorado pictures onto my computer I will post some on here.
