Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Collecting GIraffe Urine

I may have already mentioned this in a previous post but one time I was at a co-workers house. He has twin boys and the boys had one of their friends over. All of a sudden out of no where the mom shrieked and exclaimed that her daughter was about to go to the bathroom, rushed over to her, scooped her up and brought her to the toliet. I was incredibly impressed that the mom knew what her kid was about to do before she did it. I even asked, "how did you know she had to pee?" the mom simply said, "I'm her mom. I learned to read her body language." It then clicked in my head that that made total sense. Erin and I have gotten so good at being able to tell when Damani is going to pee that we made a (what we call) "pee stick". It is about 10 feet long and on the end is a giant cup that we collect his urine in. The reason we do this is because Damani pee's for 3 minutes straight. If we don't catch it then it runs all over the stall and it is then a lot of work to sweep up the pee, spread shavings over the pee, sweep up the pee again, over and over again until all the pee is gone. Today we caught pee. Damani was standing in his stall, chewing his cud, enjoying his day, when all of a sudden he did something only Erin and I would recognize. He took one step backwards and moved his back left leg just out just a little further to the left. Erin and I looked at each other and like true moms, she ran and grabbed the pee stick and I ran and grabbed the bucket to dump the pee in. We were successful and caught over 5 big cups (each pss cup is probably about 3-4 cups) of pee. Good for us :)