Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The 5k race that I signed up for is creeping up on me and I feel very ill prepared for it! It takes place at the zoo- called, "Zoo Run Run". How clever. I have been working hard, joined a gym and have managed to so far run the 3.1 miles in 31 m, 50 s. I'm hoping that come race day (next sat- yikes!) I will be under 30 minutes. The giraffe were able to go outside today after a long nasty spell of unseasonable frigid temps. They galloped onto exhibit and ran around for a good bit. I love watching them run! So pretty! I swear they are sometimes so dense. When it was time for them to walk back inside to their barn for the night they act like they have never done it before. I felt like the momma giraffe leading her 3 babies back into safety in the barn as they one by one, in a line tallest to shortest, followed me inside. Today was a day where I was reminded at how neat my job is.