I'm sure you have heard the joke that if you think a dog can't count, put 3 treats in your pocket, give her two and see what happens. Same thing with a giraffe. You can't trick them or think that they don't know what is going on. Today they stayed inside because the weather was pretty nasty. When they stay in, they still stay in their individual stalls. Damani gets stall 1, Binti gets stall 2 and Pili gets stalls 3 and 4. Pili's stall can be split into 2 smaller ones in case someday in the future we have a baby :) Anyways....to clean I have to shift them around. So I will put a piece of bamboo or produce or something yummy in stall 3. That then (hopefully) entices Pili to shift to the top of her stall (3) so I can close the door between stall 3 and 4. Now I clean stall 4. When stall 4 is clean, I hang another yummy something in stall 4. This again makes Pili shift down into stall 4. I close the door and clean stall 3. When stall 3 is clean I hang yumminess and Binti then shifts from stall 2 into stall 3. You get the picture. Anyways, because Pili has to shift once more then Binti, she gets an extra piece of bamboo, or more produce, or whatever it is we are using to shift that day. Today Binti wanted no part of that. It was in her mind not fair! She was running around her stall kicking and just throwing a huge fit. I am not lying when I say that she didn't stop pouting until she got the second piece of bamboo. Giraffe CAN count.
I have started to get my settlement money. Of course the biggest thing I am buying with it before it disappears into savings and I never see it again is my new eyes. I have my Lasik scheduled for Monday at 11am and the more I think about it and the closer it gets, the more freaked out I am. Eyeball stuff is just plain scary. I have decided that the other thing I am going to buy myself is a comfortable pair of muck boots. I have to wear these horribly uncomfortable rubber boots all day while I'm shoveling you know what. So while most people will buy themselves a nice new work suit or a new briefcase I am going to buy myself some new shit boots and I can't wait!
