Yesterday was a good day. I had a dr. apt at Vanderbilt University for my thumb. I talked to the doctor, got an xray and he told me I was ready for the web-deepening surgery! I cried of course and he said he sees a lot of tears with young, amputated people that have to deal with work comp. I am so anxious to get this surgery. I'm sure I've explained it before- but they bascially cut out all the extra skin that is between my thumb and forefinger. This in turn makes it seem like my thumb is longer- it will help me grab a hold of thicker objects and such. And I get a really cool scar from it! It will end up looking like the Harry potter scar except on my hand :) A big lightning bolt. Neato. Now all I have to do is convince work to let me get it done since I will be out of the hard labor for about a month. Today we went to the dog park. Oh dear was it muddy. The girls loved running around without a leash, chasing tennis balls and blasting through mud puddles. I love my new video camera. I could just sit and watch them all day and video tape every move they make. They enjoyed their time but loathed the bubble bath I made them take when they got home. They must be over it now- they are both wrapped up in each other sleeping. Such little lovers.
Here is a small clip of them playing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPRFn_wEUU
