Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Dogs
Over my weekend I have been spending a lot of time outside with the pups. They LOVE to chase their purple rubber ball. It is to this day the only toy they haven't killed and destroyed. It is so fun to watch them. Back behind my apartment complex there is a big open yard where I take them off their leashes. I'm amazed at how fast Lucy runs. Olive tries to keep up but never can. Yesterday I piled up a huge piles of leaves and threw the ball right in the middle. Lucy didn't even notice- she took off and leaped right into the middle of the pile and came out with the ball and a mouthful of leaves, tail wagging at what she had done. So funny. I think they could chase that ball all day long. When I finally do get cold enough to bring them inside they sit and stare at me with the ball at their feet whining. I always feel like such an ass when I put the ball on the fireplace mantle to tell them, nope no more ball. Such babies.
