Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Elephants, Giraffe and Hogs

Today was different. The elephant trainer came into the barn this AM while we were cleaning and asked if we would mind being used as a prop for elephant training. um, YES! Apparently there is a special tour tomorrow and one of the elephants, Suki, is going to hand a box with an engagement ring to a lucky lady. Problem is, Suki likes to eat things. So they had us pretend we were the girl. I got to pat Suki on the leg, stand next to her and feed her. Then it came time to have the box handed to me. I held out my hand as Suki picked the box up off the ground. She placed it so gently into my hand and instantly her trunk was about a half an inch from my face. Hah. I couldn't help but laugh :) Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and Suki doesn't eat this ring. Next I got to train the hogs. My favorite. I am now officially one of the primary trainers for them. How neat is that. One of my favorite things they do is "hold". You hold out your hand front of your plam forward and say "hold". They are so darn cute because they literally stop everything- even chewing. so cute. The giraffe were offended by my smells today because I was a mix of elephant and hog. When I tried to feed the boy he threw up his head in disgust. Oops. Two more days of work then Minnesota! Although yesterday was 65 degress I'm not so sure I want to come home to cold! I looked at the weather and the high for the night In fly in is 1. 1 isn't even a real temperature. hah. I can't wait!