Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Last weekend Justin and I flew home to Minnesota to celebrate an early Thanksgiving. It worked out perfectly because everyone was able to be there! I got to meet my little Sophia and fell head over heels in love. It was a great trip home and we even got to see snow!!!

All the orphan zookeepers will be attending Thanksgiving at my house this year. Most of us have to work that morning and are unable to travel home to be with family. I spent all weekend painting trim, doors, steam cleaning rugs and carpets and decorating the house with flowers.

This Thanksgiving Day 11.25.10, will also mark the 6 year anniversary of the day melanoma cancer took my grandpa from this Earth. The cancer took him quickly- almost exactly 6 weeks to the day he was diagnosed. We all sat around him in my grandparent's home on Thanksgiving day in 2004 and watched and prayed as he passed away at 12:05 Pm. I think that's the way I would like to go... people who love me most watching over me.

I'm thankful for so much this year....
New babies in the family...healthy family...my new giraffe....Justin....the wedding of my dreams in the making....trips to visit friends in Missouri and Minnesota....several trips home....healthy puppies....my house....entering into Justin's wonderful family