Saturday, May 1, 2010
family weekend
im rested and finally updating my blog. what a great weekend i had with my family. they arrived late weds night and i left work early on weds to meet them at my house. my dad and gus (family friend) immediately went to my master bathroom, cut the crappy laminate floor and made a game plan. i now have a brand new master bathroom thanks to pops. my mom and i and judy (family friend) ripped up the side yard leading to my backyard, layed a beautiful stone path and built a garden alongside the house. i love when my parents visit! home updates! the race last saturday was amazing. i woke up at 3:30, showered, ate a light breakfast and dressed in my running gear- giraffe buttons and all. my amazing family and friends were there to cheer me on and keep me going. My mom and Lauren sported "Team Kate" shirts, Justin wore the giraffe head hat, and Sherri and Eric made a wonderful sign! I finished strong, felt great during the race and ended at 2:34:30. I had a great time with family- lots of hard work, eating out ang ghost tours. I always get so sad when family time is done. I don't get as much of it as I'd like :( Thankfully, I'll be home at the end of the month!
