Thursday, December 24, 2009
Christmas Time
It is Christmas Eve, Justin and I are getting ready to leave for midnight mass at the cathedral in downtown Nashville. I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas. Where did 2009 go? Ryan is back from training for 6 days, all the presents are under the tree, the stockings are filled to the brim, the puppies have their Christmas bows but there is NO SNOW!!!! In fact, it was almost 60 degrees today! Justin stayed in town- we fly out Monday for Colorado. Lauren made pot roast, mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner tonight. I have to go in in the morning to tend to my giraffe but I should be home by 10am. We are going to have breakfast, open gifts and watch Christmas movies all day. Justin and I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" the other night and I absolutely loved it. Tonight we watched "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. Hilarious. It is my first Christmas ever away from home and family. It feels weird but I am incredibly lucky to have people here who love me and make the first Christmas away not so bad :) I better get going- don't want to walk into church late and have the priest point me out to all the Catholics. I'll be dreaming of a White Christmas tonight.......
