Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Meeting the Parents

I'm sure everyone is wondering how the weekend went. It was so wonderful!!!! I am now more convinced then I was before that Justin is my match for life. Justin's parents are amazing. His mom reminds me A LOT of Auntie Lynn and his dad has humor a lot like Uncle Tom. So I immediately felt comfortable and like I had none them for years. We had so much fun together. I fit in very well with his family. We were that family out in public that was giggling and laughing so hard that people were staring at us. It was great. Thursday night when they got in we went downtown and ate at a fabulous restaurant called Merchants. I worked Friday and came home to Thanksgiving dinner well on its way to being cooked. Justin and I bought an 18.42 lbs turkey because that was all they had left on Wednesday night at Kroger. It was either a 6 pounder or a big giant guy. We decided that lots of leftovers were better then none. Dinner consisted of sweet potatos, mashed potatos, salad, hummus and veggies, green beans, turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, buttered rolls, lots of cheese, and of course pumpkin and apple pie with ice cream. I loved having everyone over and so did the dogs. saturday everyone came to the zoo and I gave them a full tour. Giraffes, anteaters, clouded leopards, tiger cubs and elephants. They loved loved loved it and I think I scored a lot of bonus points. His mom told me I was officially the favorite child. Hah. Damani of course the star of the day. Last night we went to eat downtown then we went to the Grand ol opry hotel to see all the Xmas lights, flowers and everything else they decorated with. It was amazing and so beautiful. It was a very busy weekend and today my plan is to not get out of pajamas, stay off my feet and fall in and out of naps. :)