Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lauren and I are already having so much fun with the engagement. We went to Barnes and Noble the other night and spread ourselves out on the floor of the wedding aisle. We looked through books and bought a few too! I'm going to be a bridesmaid :) I try on her ring at least once a day to see what it looks like. haha. Work has been good. I can't believe it is already Novemeber. The days are getting colder (although it still maxes out at 60 here each day). But colder weather means animals inside. We haven't had a day yet with the giraffe inside but I am dreading it. It is so much more work and so mentally exhausting! The zoo has agreed to pay for one of us (Erin or I) to go to the giraffe conference in Phoenix this Feb!!!!! That is soooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are both going to go and we are going to just split the cost of the second person. We will be in Phoenix for 4 full days and the conference is going to be so amazing. It focuses only on giraffe care. There are people registered from all over the world (literally! USA, Mexico, England, Africa) and they are going to cover topics like hoof care, reproduction, diet, training, barns, enrichment, etc, etc. It is going to be especially good for Erin and I since neither of us have ever worked with giraffe anywhere else. I keep joking that I am going to make a button of Damani's face and wear it just like moms wear buttons of their kids baseball photos. :) I am just so proud of my Damani! We are actually submitting 2 abstracts and hope to be chosen to present at the conference. That would be pretty amazing. The deadline is Nov 15 and we find out Dec 1 if we are picked. Justin and I are still fantastic. Everyday keeps getting better. It is hard to believe we have only been together for such a short time. I'm head over heels for him. I am very excited to have the family meet him when we fly out to Colorado for New Years!!!!