I posted pictures of myself trimming Damani's rear toes. Not an easy task let me tell you. There are about a million things that can go wrong such as a swift kick to the head! But Damani is such a good giraffe that I am not (too) worried about that happening. I don't think I can describe how amazing it is to be sitting on the floor next to a 16 ft, 2500 lb giraffe, trimming their toes. Looking up is just phenomenal! The rest of today wasn't that exciting. Fall is well on its way which means that our lovely browse and leaf selection is slowly dying. We collected lots of leaves today to freeze so we can use them this winter once everything is really dead. Over my weekend I found out about an amazing conference I am going to try to attend. It is the first EVER all giraffe care conference in Phoenix, AZ. I attached the link at the bottom of this blog. I am going to put together an abstract and send it in and hope that I get picked to make a presentation at the conference. I can't wait to go and meet giraffe keepers from all over the world! I have visions of myself walking in with my cool nametag, "Kate Meinhardt, Giraffe Keeper" HAH! And another vision of me wearing buttons of my giraffes just like parents wear sports buttons of their kids. Oh man I can't wait :) Justin and I are still dating and everything is just amazing. We are having a great time getting to know each other.
www.giraffecare.org
