Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh my Gosh- it has been too long since I updated you all on my life :)

Let's see....

yesterday was Lauren's 26th birthday. Her mom, step dad and best friend from home came into town. We all went out to eat downtown on Broadway and went to a few bars after dinner. Lauren's boyfriend Ryan has received notice that he is going to be shipped overseas come January. We are all sooooo sad. Even more sad was that he had to miss her birthday because of stupid training. But I suppose it is best to be fully prepared when they send him over there. we are still waiting for the marriage proposal :) Lauren and I can't wait!!!

On of our beloved bongo has to be euthanized tomorrow :( Ugh we are so sad. He is 13 years old and hasn't been eating the past few days. They got bloodwork on him and found out he has renal failure. Sucks.

All of my giraffe's have finally turned 5 years old. Hah! They are loving this cool fall weather. This morning when we put them out onto exhibit the girls were frolicking around. I sat up on the berm and watched them for about ten minutes before starting my day. I pray that if I ever get sick of my job someone slaps me. I hope I never have to remind myself how incredibly lucky and blessed I am to love what I do for a living. I can't imagine life any other way.

I can't believe fall is here!!! Where did the summer go? As I type this up my dogs are enjoying the fact that I have the back porch door wide open. I catch glimpses of them as they run inside and outside, checking on me every once and awhile to make sure I haven't gone anywhere. They still love their house.

I have now (or am in the middle of) experienced my first downside of homeownership. As many of you know we have had about 2 weeks of rain here in Nashville. On Saturday I was home sick and discovered that my roof had a leak and was very very very slowly leaking into my home. Ugh. Tears. So some guys came out that day and tarped my roof and now for the past 3 days I have had this horribly large and ugly humidifier and fan sucking out all of the water in the walls and ceiling. They should be back sometime tomorrow to acess the damage. The guy said that I would go well over my $1000 deductible from State Farm. great. :(

Now for the most exciting news- I met a new boy. His name is Justin and more details are to come.

Life has been good to me. I must say this is the happiest I have been... well probably ever. I have great friends, great family (though I would be much happier if I ever got to see them), a great new boyfriend who treats like the queen I am (hehe), and a job that I absolutely love.

Xoxo,

kate