Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Life Lately
Life has been good to me lately. Work has been going well. The clouded leopard cubs are now on exhibit and just adorable to watch. I think I could sit and observe them all day long. Last Saturday I went into their exhibit with the 3 little guys before the zoo opened. They are incredible climbers and so playful in the morning. It was nearly impossible to get a picture with them because they move so fast! And you have to watch out when you are with them because one minute you are peacefully watching one cub and the next thing you know you have another cub leaping from a 10 foot branch onto your back! I was taking a video and as soon as I hit record one of the cubs leapt at me from a branch and all you can see is chaos and hear laughter. God they are cute. Our anteater that is on exhibit is due to give birth anyday now. Anteater babies are equally as cute. Nothing too new or exciting has happened in the giraffe barn. We dewormed Binti yesterday. She did very well for that. Now we are gearing up to do their vaccinations, which requires a big shot in the side. Yuck. Olive and Lucy are still crazy. They LOVE LOVE LOVE their house and especially their yard. It is so fun to put a chair out in the middle of the back yard, read a book and have them running around enjoying themselves. They are a lot of fun to watch. They still wake me up every morning at 6:30, even on my days off. I really need to find a solution to that! Laurens boyfriend Ryan leaves for training this Saturday for a month. He gets back in mid Oct then ships out to Iraq in Jan. Very very very sad about that. The 2nd to last weekend in Oct I am driving back to Missouri for the homecoming football game. I get to see all my old roommates! That is going to be SO MUCH FUN! Well, I have a house that needs to be cleaned and 2 dogs that are in dire need for a good bath. Adios.
