Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Flowers, Leaves and Giraffe

I love love love Spring :) I am finally feeling better thanks to Walgreens walk in clinic and $40 worth of allergy meds and nasal spray. I never had allergies until I moved to Nashville- that is something you will hear every single non-native nashvillian say. Now that I can breath again and my head doesn't feel like it is going to explode I can enjoy the fact that my trees are all coming back to life which means tasty treats for the giraffe and each day my gardens at home seem to be blooming something new. I am learning names of flowers-something I openly admit that I have no knowledge on past roses and sunflowers. I now know that I have several hyacinths (dark and light pink), daffofils surrounding the mailbox, a forsythia plant (about 5 feet tall), primrose and more are coming up. Each time I see something new I picture text my mom and say, "what's this?" thank god for mom. The giraffe are loving this weather and I am loving not having them in the barn. They seem to appreciate me a lot more when I don't spend 8 hours a day with them while they are stuck inside all winter. Apparently seeing me in the morning, lunch time and again before i leave for the day is enough for them to come greet me, lick my face, accept treats and say hello. When we are in the barn all day together and I offer the girls a treat, they look at me as if they are saying, "you really expect me to lower my head to eat THAT from YOU?" I've learned to not be offended by such looks. They also give a look that says, "What is that strange vertical naked being doing now?" My marathon training is going so well. I ran 76 miles in the month of March. I ran 5 today. My parents fly down here in 20 days and my race is 3 weeks from Saturday. Things are fabulous in Nashville.