Another day at work....

Another day at work....
Floating in the elephant pool in my wedding dress

Mr. & Mrs.

Mr. & Mrs.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Almost Spring!

I am very excited that we gain an hour of daylight tomorrow! And I'm even more excited that it happens on my weekend so I don't have to deal with being that tired at work! The weather here has been pretty nice the last 8 day or so. I had the giraffe out for a week straight and it was great. The barn is finally clean again. The first day I had them outside I opened all the doors, aired everything out and disinfected the entire barn. Lovely. It should only be a couple weeks until they are able to be out everyday. I'm so ready for that. I feel like that teacher who has had her kids stuck inside all winter. I'm just ready to get rid of them! Although I suppose I will miss Damani reaching over the wall and licking my neck or him desperately trying to eat my banana while I stand on the second level of the barn. The joys of the job. Only 6 more weeks until my half marathon. Today I ran EIGHT miles. Holy crap. All at once too! I ran it in 1 hour, 36 minutes and 28 seconds. I felt amazing afterwards. I'm shocked at how easily the body can be trained. I can remember getting back from Colorado this Jan knowing that I had a 3 mile race to run and thinking to myself, "I can't even run 1 mile, how am I going to run 3?!" :)