Saturday, August 22, 2009
Marriage Proposal!
Not me! Heavens no :) But today was a fun day. There was a young couple that came through the giraffe barn today. The guy had been in contact with the zoo for a few weeks now and wanted to propose to his girlfriend while doing a behind the scenes tour with the giraffe. So today they came in and I gave them a big fancy tour of the barn. The ring was dropped off to me earlier in the morning and I hid it (in the box) in a bucket of produce that we were going to feed to Damani. So after the barn tour I walked the couple out to the gate and we stood and fed Damani some goodies. I was handing the lettuce one by one to the couple and when there were just a few small pieces left I was like, "Well here you go, you can feed what is left" and handed the bucket to the girl. She saw the ring box, he dropped to one knee, we all cried and it was very very cute. Rumor is he paid over $500 to be able to propose at the zoo. Where was my cut in that?!?!
