Thursday, December 9, 2010
Cali Trip
Justin and I just got back from a long weekend trip to Cali. Rather then Xmas presents we took a mini vacation this year. We flew in late Friday night to LA. I must say I was shocked at the amount of traffic I could see from the air! Justin lived in LA for 4 years so we stayed with a friend of his that night. I experienced In-n-Out Burger for the first time and loved it. Saturday morning we got up early, had an amazing organic breakfast on the beach and walked alongside the Pacific. We rented a car and drove down to San Diego to visit more of my family that Justin has yet to meet. Cousins, Aunt, Uncle and Great Aunt. There was fantastic food, too many drinks and lots of fun. Sunday afternoon we drove back to LA and continued our vacation. Monday we walked on the beach and onto the Santa Monica Pier. We stumbled into a candid TV commercial for Sun Chips with celebrity Rachael Harris. We ate the most amazing Thai food I have ever eaten (besides in Thailand!) in Thai Town. I used all the Thai phrases I could remember and the waitress was impressed and even told me that she has never heard a white person speak Thai so well. It was a whirlwind of a trip and a lot of fun. We flew back Tues afternoon and I caught strep somewhere along the way... Boo... I've been home sick the past 2 days but back to work tomorrow.
