I'm an auntie. I've never been this in love with anything in my entire life. Sorry Justin :) I have an intense love and an incredibly strong sense of fierce protection that I have never felt in my life. The family is elated that we have a little girl. Meinhardt's don't know how to have girls :) I was the first Meinhardt girl born in over 60 years and now we finally have another one--just in time for me to become a Cortelyou!
Born: 6:58 PM Oct 24, 2010
6 lbs 13 oz
21 inches long
Here is an update from Andy:
Teresa is doing great!
Sophia was taking in to much oxygen after being born and was taken to the Special Care Nursery about 30 min after being born. They think that there was also some fluid in her stomach when she was born which added to the breathing problem.
She is getting IV anti-botics and oxygen to prevent any possible infection and help slow her breathing.
She will stay in the SCN for 48 hours and then they will see how she is doing. She will need to have normal breathing and show she can eat before they release her. They got back from the SCN and she was told that looks great, is moving around, and has great skin.
Only 4 people other than Andy and T are allowed to see her and the grandparents get that honor. My mom met her this afternoon, my dad will go tonight.
Teresa gets released tomorrow afternoon, they are crossing their fingers they can take Sophie home as early as Wednesday.
Justin and I fly home Nov 13th to meet her. I'm going to hog that child the entire time I'm there. I simply cannot wait to meet her.
