I realize I've been horrible about updating everyone on my life! Wedding planning keeps me busy busy busy. Let's see..... I ended up hiring a wedding planner because the stress of trying to do everything on my own was making me crazy. I was literally dreaming of wedding stuff every night and thinking about it all day. My mind couldn't rest. So I found a wonderful person, Austin, and she has been helping me since. We have the church, the reception site and the photo booth for the reception booked. Tonight, Justin and I meet with her to taste cakes, talk to a potential florist, book the limo's and look over menu options. I want a macaroni and cheese buffet :) Instead of a normal wedding cake we are going to do a big cupcake tower with a small cake on top so Justin and I can still cut it and also so we can use our giraffe cake toppers! I put of picture of them on the blog. For flowers we are thinking a mix of blue thistles, ivory roses and ranunculus. So beautiful. I have narrowed down my dress choices to just a few. I fell in love with a champagne lace one. I'm finding it difficult to make a decision because I want mom's approval and mom is in Minnesota. I am flying home soon and I found a store that carries the dress I love so I am going to try it on there and show everyone.
Work is going well. My long-time coworker Erin got a new job in Fargo, ND and left me back in July. I was very sad about it!! I have been a busy giraffe mom training in 2 new people to take her place. Things are going well and the giraffe have adjusted beautifully. We had to start completely over with training because the giraffe are so sensitive to change, but they are now doing well and back into it. We are hoping to have the girls vaccinated by the end of fall :) That would be great.
My pups are also doing fabulously too. We had a month of over 100 degrees and it was too damn hot to do anything with them outside. It is finally cooling down (if 90's are cool) and I am back to walking them every night. They are enjoying their mile strolls. I was running with Olive and I did get her up to 2.5 miles but then the heat wave hit and I had to stop.
Lauren's wedding is sneaking up on us-- I picked up my bridesmaids dress today and it is beautiful!
