I flew back to Nashville today after spending the week in Phoenix for the giraffe conference. I survived my presentation in front of over 135 people- many of who are the most important people in the "giraffe world". There was a great mix of keepers, vets, researchers, biologists, trainers, conservationist, and more. It was a fantastic trip and I learned way more then I really expected to! And the best part was that at the end of the conference we had a big dinner with an awards ceremony. Erin and I won!!! We won the "Enrichment Award" Here is what the description of the award is---
"recognizing that we are a team whose unique enrichment program have mad us a leader in the field of captive giraffe care. We have implemented progressive enrichment programs and activities that give captive giraffe increased opportunities to engage in a variety of natural behaviors and therefore provide the public with greater opportunities to observe giraffe behavior. We inspire others to develop first-rate enrichment programs, contributing to the continuing education of their peers through public presentation at professional confereces and publication in various newsletters and journals."
We were blown away and I think about dropped over dead when they called our names. We received a plaque with our names engraved on it that we will proudly bring back to our barn. I was an amazing experience!!!
